Terrazzo Hallway cleaning in Newmarket, Suffolk.
We was called out to help our customer restore their terrazzo Hallway which had been covered for multiple years with thick adhesive which prove to much for him to remove himself.
After some hard work and sweet we managed to remove the adhesive and reveal this beautiful stone floor. Once the messy part was completed we could get back to work on restoring this Terrazzo stone floor back to its former glory.
We Cleaned and Honed the stone & finally applied multiple coats of Stone oil.
Process of Cleaning
- We inspect your floor on our arrival, Why? To identify any possible problem areas i.e staining, loose of lose grout and surrounding surfaces sensitive to cleaning solutions and any other areas that need consideration before cleaning commences.
- We Protect your walls and furniture with our décor wall protector tape, this is used to protect your walls against any over spray from water or chemical. We do how ever can not guarantee there wont be any slight damage to paint work or any sensitive materials in the immediate area of cleaning due to the need to clean right up to the edge, in this particular case the only protection needed was the doorway.
- Once your walls and furniture are protected, we will commence with Dry Soil & Sealant Removal. This is the removal of any dry soil/dirt & any previous sealers on the surface of the tile. This is achieved by using our very own chemical from Tile Doctor. It is applied using a pump spray.
- Honing, Once the Terrazzo has had a deep clean, we begin with the honing of the tile. We hone Terrazzo to remove any defects from spillages or scratches as well as tightening the surface tension of the stone making the surface smooth. This is achieved by using a rotary machine with Diamond Encrusted pads from Tile Doctor which consist of 4 different grit grade pads.
- Rinse, We use a Truck mounted hot water extraction machine with a high pressurised cleaning tool. This allows us to give your floors a deep penetrating clean. All the waste chemical slurry and dirt are collected & stored in the vans waste tank.
- After we have completed the final cleaning stage, we will dry the area of any free standing water and place a air mover to speed dry the stone before sealing commences
Application of Sealer. On this particular stone floor we used a stone oil sealer. This sealer impregnates the stone & after 30-45mins all excess residue is removed from the surface.
Terrazzo tile stone Floor Cleaning Specialists.
CALL US TODAY FOR YOUR FREE QUOTATION ON 01954 211752