Limestone Kitchen cleaning in Newmarket, Suffolk
We was called out to this beautiful Limestone Kitchen Floor in Newmarket, Suffolk to correct a few scratches from another contractor & to clean/restore the surface tile from grout haze from when it was laid.
It was a pleasure working on this floor & our Stone oil Sealant has brought the colours out beautifully.
Process of Cleaning.
- We inspect your floor on our arrival, Why? To identify any possible problem areas i.e staining, loose or missing grout and surrounding surfaces sensitive to cleaning solutions and any other areas that need consideration before cleaning commences.
- We Protect your walls and furniture with our décor wall protector tape, this is used to protect your walls against any over spray from water or chemical. We do how ever can not guarantee there wont be any slight damage to paint work or any sensitive materials in the immediate area of cleaning due to the need to clean right up to the edge.
- Once your walls and furniture are protected, we will commence with Dry Soil & Sealant Removal. This is the removal of any dry soil/ground in dirt & any previous sealers on the surface of the tile. This is achieved by using our very own chemical from Tile Doctor. It is applied using a pump spray. All Dirt and Chemicals are then extracted and stored on our van using a our high pressured hot water extraction machine which is truck mounted. This allows us to give your floors a deep penetrating clean. All the waste chemical slurry and dirt are collected & stored in the vans waste tank.
- Honing, Once the Limestone has had a deep clean, we begin with honing the surface of the tile. We hone the Limestone to remove any defects from spillages or scratches as well as tightening the surface tension of the stone making the surface smooth and less porous. This is achieved by using a rotary machine with Diamond Encrusted pads from Tile Doctor which consist of 4 different grit pads.
- Rinse, At each stage of Honing the Stone is Rinsed of any chemical and Stone Slurry, Ready for the next stage of Honing.
- After we have completed the final cleaning stage, we will dry the area of any free standing water and place air movers to speed dry the stone before sealing commences
- Application of Sealer. We used a stone oil sealer on this particular Limestone. The sealer impregnates the stone & after 30-45mins all excess residue is removed from the surface, Once the Oil has dried efficiently. That is sealed in with an Solvent Based Impregnating Sealer.
Scratches Repaired by Honing of stone
Limestone tile Floor Cleaning Specialists
CALL US TODAY FOR YOUR FREE QUOTATION ON 01954 211752