Victorian Floor Cleaning and Restoration in Great Paxton, Cambridge
We were called out to this property in Great Paxton to have a look this this Victorian Tile Hallway.
A little extra was involved in this restoration then usual, we had to remove concrete from two sections of the floor to be replaced with spare tiles from under the staircase.
Once all the concrete is chipped out, the hole left is cleaned and filled with a self levelling compound to the required level for tilling, once the compound had dried the tiles are cut and laid.
Finally the stone is cleaned/restored and sealed with a water based topical sealer.
Process of cleaning
- We inspect your floor on our arrival, Why? To identify any possible problem areas i.e staining, loose of lose grout and surrounding surfaces sensitive to cleaning solutions and any other areas that need consideration before cleaning commences.
- We Protect your walls and furniture with our décor wall protector tape, this is used to protect your walls against any over spray from water or chemical. We do how ever can not guarantee there wont be any slight damage to paint work or any sensitive materials in the immediate area of cleaning due to the need to clean right up to the edge.
- Once your walls and furniture are protected, we will commence with Dry Soil & Sealant Removal. This is the removal of any dry soil/dirt & any previous sealers on the surface of the tile. This is achieved by using our very own chemical from Tile Doctor. It is applied using a pump spray.
- Agitation, with our cleaning solution applied to the tile, We use a rotary machine with a stiff brush attached, or by hand round tight corners.
- Rinse, We use a Truck mounted hot water extraction machine with a high pressurised cleaning tool. This allows us to give your floors a deep penetrating clean. All the waste chemical slurry and dirt are collected & stored in the vans waste tank.
- After we have completed the final cleaning stage, we will dry the area of any free standing water and place a air mover to speed dry the stone before sealing commences. Please note some stone with high porosity.
- Application of Sealers, Multiple coats of our impregnating sealer are applied and multiple coats of Topical Sealer (Water based Sealer)
For your free quotation contact us on 01954 211752
#victoriantilecleaning #victoriantilerestoration #victoriantilesealing #naturalstonefloorcleaning #naturalstonefloorsealing