What is Marble?
Marble is metamorphosed limestone, composed of fairly pure calcite (a crystalline form of calcium carbonate, CaCO3) resulting from regional or at times contact metamorphism of sedimentary carbonate rocks, either limestone or dolostone. This metamorphic process causes a complete recrystallization of the original rock into an interlocking mosaic of calcite and/or dolomite crystals. The Temperatures and pressures necessary to form marble usually destroy any fossils and sedimentary textures present in the original rock.
Call us today on 01954 211752 if you require Marble floor cleaning in any of the following areas & surrounding villages, Cambridge, Newmarket, Ely, Royston, Peterborough, Huntingdon, Saffron Walden.
Marble Floor Care & Restoration
So your marble is dull, scratched and in major need of help? Now the question is “what has to be done?” Should the floor be ground flat or honed? Or maybe it should only be polished or crystallised to look like new? How do you determine what has to be done? What’s the difference between grinding & honing, polishing & “crystallisation?” Do not attempt to restore your stone yourself, this requires a great degree of skill & experience. Please call a reputable restoration company for this task. Once the restoration process has been determined, it is very important to design a good maintenance programme. This will keep your stone in perfect condition, prolong its life & give you added enjoyment. TMC Specialist Cleaning Ltd provide quality service and care in restoring marble to its natural beauty & shine.
Process of Cleaning
- We inspect your floor on our arrival, Why? To identify any possible problem areas i.e staining, loose of lose grout and surrounding surfaces sensitive to cleaning solutions and any other areas that need consideration before cleaning commences.
- We Protect your walls and furniture with our décor wall protector tape, this is used to protect your walls against any over spray from water or chemical. We do how ever can not guarantee there wont be any slight damage to paint work or any sensitive materials in the immediate area of cleaning due to the need to clean right up to the edge.
- Once your walls and furniture are protected, we will commence with Dry Soil & Sealant Removal. This is the removal of any dry soil/dirt & any previous sealers on the surface of the tile. This is achieved by using our very own chemical from Tile Doctor. It is applied using a pump spray.
- Honing, Once the marble has had a deep clean, we begin with the honing of the tile. We hone the marble to remove any defects from spillages or scratches as well as tightening the surface tension of the stone making the surface smooth. This is achieved by using a rotary machine with Diamond Encrusted pads from Tile Doctor which consist of 4 different grit grade pads.
- Polishing, To give the Stone a richer look and high reflectivity it needs to be polished. we achieve this by using a rotary machine with a fine pad & a Crystallising powder.
- Rinse, We use a Truck mounted hot water extraction machine with a high pressurised cleaning tool. This allows us to give your floors a deep penetrating clean. All the waste chemical slurry and dirt are collected & stored in the vans waste tank.
- After we have completed the final cleaning stage, we will dry the area of any free standing water and place a air mover to speed dry the stone before sealing commences
- Application of Sealer. We use a Impregnating sealer on Marble which is a solvent based sealer. This sealer impregnates the stone & after 30-45mins all excess residue is removed from the surface.
CALL US TODAY FOR YOUR FREE QUOTATION ON 01954 211 752
Marble Clean/Restoration in St Neots, Cambridgeshire
#stonefloorcleaningcambridge #stonefloorcleaningsuffolk #stonefloorcleaningpeterborough #stonefloorcleaningessex #stonefloorcleaninghertfordshire #marblefloorcleaning