WHAT IS GRANITE?
Granite is a light-coloured igneous rock with grains large enough to be visible with the unaided eye. It forms from the slow crystallisation of magma below earths surface. Granite is composed mainly of quartz and feldspar with minor amounts of mica, amphiboles and other minerals. This mineral composition usually gives granite a red, pink, grey or white colour with dark mineral grains visible throughout the rock.
Call us today on 01954 211752 if you require Granite floor cleaning in any of the following areas & surrounding villages, Cambridge, Newmarket, Ely, Royston, Peterborough, Huntingdon, Saffron Walden.
Care & Restoration
Granite table-tops add a beautiful finish to any home. You may wonder if you will one day have to spend money to replace your counter-tops or, is there another solution.
Granite is durable and not easily inclined to scratch or burn. However, like anything over time, wear and tear can become apparent. Their daily use in the kitchen can cause chips, stains, cracks, or loss of lustre. No matter the damage, It is always cheaper to repair, restore and refinish counter-tops, rather then replace them.
Counter-tops should be resealed every 2-4 years. Depending on the level of use and quality of maintenance cleaning, granite counter-tops can usually go anywhere from 5-15 years before a restoration is required.
Process of Cleaning
- We inspect your floor on our arrival, Why? To identify any possible problem areas i.e staining, loose of lose grout and surrounding surfaces sensitive to cleaning solutions and any other areas that need consideration before cleaning commences.
- We Protect your walls and furniture with our décor wall protector tape, this is used to protect your walls against any over spray from water or chemical. We do how ever can not guarantee there wont be any slight damage to paint work or any sensitive materials in the immediate area of cleaning due to the need to clean right up to the edge, in this particular case the only protection needed was the doorway.
- Once your walls and furniture are protected, we will commence with Dry Soil & Sealant Removal. This is the removal of any dry soil/dirt & any previous sealers on the surface of the tile. This is achieved by using our very own chemical from Tile Doctor. It is applied using a pump spray.
- Honing, Once the marble has had a deep clean, we begin with the honing of the tile. We hone the marble to remove any defects from spillages or scratches as well as tightening the surface tension of the stone making the surface smooth. This is achieved by using a rotary machine with Diamond Encrusted pads from Tile Doctor which consist of 4 different grit grade pads.
- Polishing, To give the Stone a richer look and high reflectivity it needs to be polished. we achieve this by using a rotary machine with a fine pad & a Crystallising powder.
- Rinse, We use a Truck mounted hot water extraction machine with a high pressurised cleaning tool. This allows us to give your floors a deep penetrating clean. All the waste chemical slurry and dirt are collected & stored in the vans waste tank.
- After we have completed the final cleaning stage, we will dry the area of any free standing water and place a air mover to speed dry the stone before sealing commences
- Application of Sealer. We use a Impregnating sealer on Marble which is a solvent based sealer. This sealer impregnates the stone & after 30-45mins all excess residue is removed from the surface.
CALL US TODAY ON 01954 211752 FOR YOUR FREE QUOTATION!